TRUMPipedia:Selected anniversaries/August 13
This is a list of selected August 13 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled August 13, 2020 featured article or the August 13, 2020 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
Use only ONE image at a time
- List files relevant to day
|YEAR – Title Link text||refimprove section|
- YEAR – Link Title text
- Born/died: Link to Person Born name (b. YEAR)
- LINK TITLE appears on July 10, so RELEVANT TITLE should not appear in the same year
- 2016 – Donald Trump delivers speech in Fairfield, Connecticut.
- 2017 – Vice President Mike Pence arrives in Colombia, meeting with Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos to cover trade, business and investment opportunities in both countries.
- 2017 – Speaking in a press conference in Cartagena, Vice President Mike Pence condemns neo-Nazism and the Ku Klux Klan, and rejects allegations that President Donald Trump had failed to censure white supremacists explicitly in his previous remarks, saying the media has overblown the issue.
- 2017 – National Security Advisor McMaster denounces a fatal vehicular attack on counterprotestors in Charlottesville on August 12 as "terrorism".
- 2018 – Prosecutors from the Special Counsel investigation rest their case in the trial of Paul Manafort.
- 2018 – Peter Strzok, an FBI agent and Chief of the Counter-espionage Section who was removed from Mueller's Special Counsel investigation upon the discovery of his anti-Trump texts, is dismissed from the FBI by Deputy Director David Bowdich.
- 2018 – President Donald Trump signs legislation named the (John S. McCain) National Defense Authorization Act.