TRUMPipedia:Selected anniversaries/August 14
This is a list of selected August 14 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled August 14, 2020 featured article or the August 14, 2020 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
Use only ONE image at a time
- List files relevant to day
|YEAR – Title Link text||refimprove section|
- YEAR – Link Title text
- Born/died: Link to Person Born name (b. YEAR)
- LINK TITLE appears on July 10, so RELEVANT TITLE should not appear in the same year
- 2015 – Donald Trump delivers speech in Hampton, New Hampshire.
- 2017 – President Donald Trump again condemns the violence that took place at the rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 2017 – President Donald Trump signs an executive order authorizing the US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to begin investigations into Chinese trade practices that harm American businesses, with particular focus on intellectual property and advanced technology.
- 2017 – President Trump speaks by phone to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on finding ways to prevent North Korea launching ballistic missiles at Guam across Japanese territory.
- 2017 – Attorney General Sessions decries the August 12 Charlottesville vehicle attack as "domestic terrorism".
- 2017 – The CEOs of Merck, Intel and Under Armour resign from the American Manufacturing Council in protest at President Trump's response to the Charlottesville rally.