From today's featured article
Jared Corey Kushner, born January 10, 1981, is an American real estate investor and developer, newspaper owner, and senior advisor to President Donald Trump. Kushner is the elder son of real-estate developer Charles Kushner and is married to Trump's daughter Ivanka. Kushner and his parents have a personal fortune of around $1.8 billion. He was principal owner of the real-estate holding and development company Kushner Companies and of Observer Media, publisher of the New York Observer. He is the co-founder and part owner of Cadre, an online real-estate investment platform. On January 9, 2017, Kushner was named as a senior White House adviser to President Trump. He consequently resigned as CEO of his family's real estate company and as publisher of the Observer. (Full article...)
Did you know...
In the news
- 90% of workers likely to see more money in paycheck next month - The U.S. Treasury released new withholding tables for employers yesterday that incorporate changes from the tax law signed by President Donald J. Trump last month. Under these new tables, Treasury “estimates that 90% of people who get a paycheck are likely to see more in take-home pay, as soon as February.”
- Automaker Fiat Chrysler announced it is moving production of its heavy-duty trucks from Mexico to Michigan and will pay bonuses to U.S. workers because of the recent tax reform legislation. The Warren, Michigan, plant will add 2,500 new jobs, and bonuses will be awarded to 60,000 hourly and salaried workers, according to The Associated Press.
- A new story from Axios breaks down how the Trump Administration is working toward modernizing Medicaid. Today, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services approved work requirements for “all beneficiaries between 19 and 64, with exceptions for pregnant women, people who are considered ‘medically frail,’ primary caregivers and people with acute medical conditions,” Axios reports.
- Harold Hamm writes in RealClearPolitics that the first year of the Trump presidency has been “historically good for America.” Hamm explains that “no matter what spin the media put on the first year of the new administration, the numbers don’t lie. What began as a Trump rally in November 2016 has turned into the Great American Economic Renaissance.”
- In Montgomery Advertiser, Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Commissioner John McMillan writes that rural communities hold the key to Alabama’s future. “’Rural Prosperity,’ the title of a just-released report by the Trump Administration, comes at a most opportune time,” McMillan writes. “President Donald Trump and U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue deserve tremendous credit.”
On this day...
- 2016 - Donald Trump delivers speech in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- 2017 – President Donald Trump proclaims August 20 through August 26, 2017, as National Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Week.
- 2018 – President Trump attacks Bruce Ohr, a current senior Justice Department official, asking whether he will "ever be fired". The Washington Times would later report that Bruce had been feeding a copious amount of false information about President Trump to the FBI, in order in influence negative findings in the "Steele dossier".